Softwareupdate OTA

• Die niederländische Webseite von Cupra berichtet, das es auch für den Born demnächst Softwareupdates OTA geben soll (wie bei den ID-Modellen von VW). Also 3.0, bzw 3.1 usw.

Begonnen wird dort im I. Quartal 23 damit die Born mit der ganz alten Software OTA fähig zu machen, indem diese in der Werkstatt eine neue grössere 12V Batterie bekommen und dann die Software 2.4

CUPRA - Electrifying performance made for car lovers.
    Het bewijs dat uniek design en sportieve prestaties samengaan. Dat elektrisch rijden je adrenaline een krachtige boost geeft.
    www.cupraofficial.nl

CUPRA Born 170 kW (231 PS) 58 kWh

Vapor Grey

Below Zero Pack

Tech M Pack

Pilot M Pack

19" Ganzjahresreifen mit Leichtmetallfelgen "TYPHOON Black/Copper", glanzgedreht

• Danke für den Hinweis. Immerhin scheint es voran zu gehen. Ich bin mal gespannt ob die Werkstattaktion dann wirklich noch in diesem Quartal startet. Habe heute zufällig mit meinem Händler telefoniert, im System war da angeblich noch nichts zu sehen.

Born 58kWh - Quasar Grey - Pilot L - Tech M - 19" Black/Copper GJR - Below Zero - Privacy Glass

• good morning here in Italy the action has already been carried out. I will bring my car on 01/30 for a battery change and an update to sw 3.1

Thanks for letting us know!

Do you have any info or website available for this?

Usually for these kind of actions there is a reference number that your dealer knows. In Germany this is called TPI number (technical product information). It would be very nice if you could ask your dealer for this kind of number once you have your appointment.

And just to be sure, you are talking about a Cupra Born and not an ID.3 right? ;)

Born 58kWh - Quasar Grey - Pilot L - Tech M - 19" Black/Copper GJR - Below Zero - Privacy Glass

• Zu 3.0 auf 3.1 weiß niemand etwas oder? Kann man das schon beim Händler aufspielen lassen?

Das wird OTA kommen, ab 3.0 soll kein Werkstattaufenthalt mehr nötig sein.

Zur Frage wann, macht es wohl am meisten Sinn das bei den IDs zu verfolgen, dort gibt es noch keine offizielle Info wann Fahrzeuge mit 3.0 OTA Updates bekommen. Dort läuft derzeit erstmal ein Early Access für ein OTA von 2.4 auf 3.0. Wenn das durch ist, denke ich dass das ganze Thema Updates im Konzern so langsam Fahrt aufnimmt.

• good morning here in Italy the action has already been carried out. I will bring my car on 01/30 for a battery change and an update to sw 3.1

You will get Version 2.4. Later follows 3.0 over the Air

CUPRA Born 170 kW (231 PS) 58 kWh

Vapor Grey

Below Zero Pack

Tech M Pack

Pilot M Pack

19" Ganzjahresreifen mit Leichtmetallfelgen "TYPHOON Black/Copper", glanzgedreht

• I don't think this will be the case. At Skoda they got 3.0 with the 12V battery change.

We had austrian colleagues here who got the same info, that Cupra will get 2.X --> 3.1 in the workshop.

• Thanks for letting us know!

Do you have any info or website available for this?

Usually for these kind of actions there is a reference number that your dealer knows. In Germany this is called TPI number (technical product information). It would be very nice if you could ask your dealer for this kind of number once you have your appointment.

And just to be sure, you are talking about a Cupra Born and not an ID.3 right? ;)

cupra born is confirmed. they will directly mount sw 3.1 not 2.4 with subsequent ota. the 12v battery will be replaced and the various control units will be updated to accommodate the new sw. the intervention takes 2 days. as for the campaign number, I get the 30 as soon as I take the car to the workshop. among other things, a replacement car is also planned for the campaign.

• Nice! In the linked site from the Netherlands it says the new software improves the front and back facing cameras. If I remember correctly it‘s a 3.0 feature. Combined with your info from Italy it should mean 3.1 in the Netherlands too. So it should be the same in the other markets. A service appointment update to version 2.4 would be insane. That software is a year old and 3.0 OTA is currently not in full swing yet. Better for Cupra to go straight to the latest possible software when you have to pay for all the updates in a service center. I do wonder though why they don‘t go straight to 3.2 which is out for months or even 3.3 (or what it‘s going to be called) which should be right around the corner at the factory

Cupra Born 150kW/204PS, 58 kWh, Aurora Blue, 19“ Black/Copper, Dinamica Grey, Privacy, Pilot XL, AR-HUD, DCC, WP, Protect, Cargo, Charge, Garantie (+2J / 80t km)