Daytime Running Lights / Tagfahrlichts

• Hi. I'm new to this forum and also new to this car, I've had it for about a week.

There is one thing I find strange and I'm trying to figure out.

The headlight settings are set to AUTO, but during the day the only option is dipped beam it seems like. Even though in the infotainment screen in the "Lights" settings I have some options for this AUTO feature. What am I missing?

For information I live in Norway and the car is imported from Germany.

This is how my settings look like:
    20231108_140820246_iOS.jpg

• I guess, you should go to a local Cupra/VW workshop/dealer who can change the Setup from German light configuration to Scandinavian. this should be an easy task, as I heard from some people here in Germany, who did that because of a better look and better safety/visibility. As far as I know there's no other way to achieve that, unless you have the option to encode it via OBD-eleven or similar.

170kW/58kWh, Aurora Blue, D-Pack Aurora Blue, SR+WR 19" TYPHOON Black/Copper, Tech L Pack, Pilot M+ Pack, AR-HUD, DCC, PG WP CP. Deutschland, Franken, bestellt am 26.03.2022, abgeholt:16/09/2022 SW3.1-> 3.2.1 09/23 OTA(utohaus)

• Automatic Headlight Control set to "early" means that the dipped beam will be used already at medium light conditions (switch on early). So only under almost sunny conditions will the DRLs turn on.

If you want to have the daytime running lights at most of the day, even in winter, try the setting "late".

On the other side, someone could have reprogrammed the car to always use the dipped beams. You might want to check that with a programming device.

Viele Grüße, Stephen

Ein Pfälzer in Bayern

Cupra Born 58kWh EZ 12/22

• I guess, you should go to a local Cupra/VW workshop/dealer who can change the Setup from German light configuration to Scandinavian. this should be an easy task, as I heard from some people here in Germany, who did that because of a better look and better safety/visibility. As far as I know there's no other way to achieve that, unless you have the option to encode it via OBD-eleven or similar.

Thank you for your answer. Is the German light configuration like this at default (with no DRL)? I thought daytime running light was mandatory on all new cars made from 2011 in all of EU..

• Automatic Headlight Control set to "early" means that the dipped beam will be used already at medium light conditions (switch on early). So only under almost sunny conditions will the DRLs turn on.

If you want to have the daytime running lights at most of the day, even in winter, try the setting "late".

On the other side, someone could have reprogrammed the car to always use the dipped beams. You might want to check that with a programming device.

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried setting it at late, with no results. Also, I thought that I could manually set it to DRL (as I could with my former car, GT86). The option would probably be "OFF", but then there's no light at all.

It might be what you said, that someone have programmed it like this. I have thought of maybe getting the OBDeleven, but I've never tried such a device and am afraid of messing up the car.

• German standard light config is only front DRL the rear lights are off, which is not allowed in the Nordics, as far as I know.

And I'm not really sure, but I guess most modern cars may be programmed for travels or use in the nordics. Perhaps the DRL-Mode is switched automaticly when entering another country. I, personally think about changeing the DRL-Mode to front and rear because of the better looks and visibility reasons.

Has anybody in this forum ever tried this?

170kW/58kWh, Aurora Blue, D-Pack Aurora Blue, SR+WR 19" TYPHOON Black/Copper, Tech L Pack, Pilot M+ Pack, AR-HUD, DCC, PG WP CP. Deutschland, Franken, bestellt am 26.03.2022, abgeholt:16/09/2022 SW3.1-> 3.2.1 09/23 OTA(utohaus)

• German standard light config is only front DRL the rear lights are off, which is not allowed in the Nordics, as far as I know.

And I'm not really sure, but I guess most modern cars may be programmed for travel or use in the Nordics. Perhaps the DRL mode is switched automatically when entering another country. I, personally think about changing the DRL mode to front and rear because of the better looks and visibility reasons.

Has anyone in this forum ever tried this?

The Norwegian standard is also only front DRL :)

I will go to the local workshop now and ask for them to check this out. Last time they tried saying something like maybe it's because the car is imported, and stuff like that. But now I know that the standard in Germany is the same as here. Thank you for your answers :)